Steven Makes His Mark in M&A
“Every acquisition is a unique situation,” Steven says, making his mark in the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) industry.
The Harvard Business School grad has extensive knowledge on the business world. After six years with a Private Equity Group, Steven decided to start his own M&A journey and venture out himself. So far, he’s purchased a total of eight business, including Turner Safety (a company offering safety training OSHA training in California), which he was introduced to by The Firm.
Today, Turner Safety now falls under Hawkeye Safety, a Kairos Company, which Steven founded. Hawkeye Safety provides occupational safety training and solutions for construction and general industry clients. The acquisition of Turner Safety with The Firm not only strengthens the capabilities and credibility of Hawkeye, but also decreased direct competitors in the region.
“Once you have studied an industry and know it well, it can be beneficial to go deeper into that industry,” Steven says. When it came to Turner Safety, Steven was determined to find ways to grow within that industry, and he did. “We identified an attractive aspect of the safety market is staffing.”
His most recent acquisition that fits right in is Farr’s Custom Carbide, LLC. Farr’s is a full-service woodworking tool company that offers services for new tooling and reconditioning of your existing tooling. Steven’s new business prides itself on only providing quality custom tools built to your drawing or wood sample.
As a young, fortunate and hard-working entrepreneur, Steven has a secret: focus on the people. He says the one important aspect of successful bolt-on acquisitions for business growth that is typically overlooked in the chaos of due diligence is the people.
“It’s important to spend a lot of time with the employees ahead of time,” Steven says. “Make sure everyone is excited about the acquisition. Ask them what makes the company a special place to work.”
Steven continues to work with The Firm in finding additional opportunities that align with his current portfolio – truly making his mark on the M&A world.
- M&A Advisor or Business Broker?
- How to Sell a Business in 7 Easy* Steps
- The Firm Advisors: #1 in the World -- Again!
- Documentation is Key During This Time
- Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Work On Your Small Business (While You Aren't Working In It)
- Meet the Listing: Body Shop w/ Towing & Auto Repair
- Superstitions and Deal Killers
- Choosing Your Investments: Stock Market vs. Business Purchase
- Video: Deal Education
- Industry Spotlight: Advertising and Marketing
- Meet the Team: The Firm Advisors Office Tour
- Securing Your Business Against Ransomware
- M&A: What's an M, and what's an A?
- Location, Location, Relocation
- $20M in One Month
- Pet Care: A Recession-Proof Industry
- The Firm Named to BBB Honor Roll
- Firm Family Christmas
- Firmgiving 2019
- Cortney Sells on IBBA's Podcast
- The Firm Makes Inc. 5000
- M&A: The Industry Defying Gravity
- Have You Met Makayla?
- Dr. Lemberg's Pathway to Retirement
- Hot Off the Press - June 2019 Magazine
- All Good Things Take Time
- The Firm June Magazine Release Celebration
- The Firm Feels Good Doing Good
- Corner Kick Spoils our Swan
- Opportunity of the Week: A Business That Brightens Children’s Futures
- Q&A With Cortney: Stock Sale Versus Asset Sale
- The Ins and Outs of Seller Financing
- Preparing for the Perfect Retirement
- The Firm Is Breaking Industry Records & Poised for Growth in 2019
- Simply the Best
- Competitor Analysis, Opportunities Listed
- Dentist to Dreamer - Hard Work Pays Off!
- Kansas City Tech Company Useagility Sells to First Tek
- 8th Year as Omaha's Best Business Brokerage
- Sellers: Why You Should Finance Your Buyers
- Summer Intern 2017 - Ameya Shelby
- Industry Forecast: Mind the Generational Gap
- 8 Things We Wish Every Business Buyer Knew Before Calling Us
- Selling Your Business: Getting a Proper Business Valuation
- Asset Sales or Stock Sales: Determining the Best for Your Business Transaction
- Why (and How) Business Owners Are Selling in 2017
- The Law of 3's - Choosing the Right Kind of Broker
- A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
- Reaching Out is Key
- Confidential Business Reviews
- A Change of Pace to Business Ownership
- Confidentiality is at the Core of Business
- Moving into the Boardroom
- Buying a Business vs. Starting Your Own
- Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together is Just the Beginning
- Client Interfacing in the Digital Age
- Four Questions Every Buyer Should Ask
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016: Face of Business Brokerages
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales within Seller's Market - MBJ 2014