4 Free Resources for Small Businesses
It’s an understatement to say that owning a small business includes a range of difficulties. And finding resources and tools that are useful and cost-effective to help avoid and overcome these difficulties proves to be a difficulty of its own. Whether you are in need of a business plan template, marketing tools, or webinars, below are four free resources to use as a business owner.
Small Business Association (SBA)
The U.S. Small Business Administration has a variety of resources for any type or level of entrepreneur. Whether you’re just starting out or are celebrating your company’s 10th anniversary, the SBA has useful information on grants and loans, working with the government, and how to capture local engagement. Their website also has a Create Your Business Plan section to help with drafting your business plan.
Google has a variety of free resources for business owners. Google for Small Business helps small business owners find the products, tools, and tips to help your business move forward and reach your goals. Customers can also call your business on the fly with the Click to Call tool in Google Maps. As Google’s popular “Near Me” search continues to gain traction, it’s crucial for businesses to tie in an online Click to Call option to ensure customers can reach you quickly and easily. Google Keyword Planner is also a great tool to help analyze and research keywords and optimize SEO. It gives insight into keyword trends and search volume, predicting which keywords might perform best.
Personally, Canva is one of my favorite tools as a marketer. Canva is a quick and easy tool that allows you to design beautiful digital content from thousands of templates. Launched in 2013, they have mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere. You can create beautiful infographics, e-book covers, Instagram posts and more with ease and flair.
SCORE offers free business training and low to no-cost webinars and interactive courses. With the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, SCORE has helped more than 11 million entrepreneurs since 1964. SCORE has free mentoring that is available in person and via phone, email, and video. SCORE also has a business plan page loaded with online business workshops and podcasts.
Check out these articles for more information about small business resources:
- Embracing the Unknown in Business
- Setting Healthy Expectations in the Workplace
- Why Effective Communication is Essential in Business
- Remote Work Here to Stay
- Learning From General Mills and Shrimp Tails
- 11 Years of Omaha Magazine’s “Best of B2B”
- Due Diligence: Preparation is Key
- Your Business as a Machine: Exit Planning Is Not Just for Exiting
- 10 Industries That Will See Post-Pandemic Profits
- Self-Care in a Pandemic
- Asset Sale vs. Stock Sale
- 5 Most Influential Women in the US
- Advertising Industry Outlook – Adapting Strategies
- How Important Is Due Diligence?
- 6 Best Christmas Movies of All Time
- Construction Industry Outlook – Remodeling & Renovation
- 4 Upcoming Business Trends of 2021
- Industries Booming During COVID-19
- What Are You Thankful For?
- Why it Makes Sense to Carry as a Seller
- Let's Talk About Pets
- What Exactly Are the Benefits of an SBA Loan?
- 2020 Industry Highs and Lows
- What the "Big Buyers" Want
- What’s an earnout, and why does Ryan Reynolds have one?
- M&A Advisor or Business Broker?
- How to Sell a Business in 7 Easy* Steps
- The Firm Advisors: #1 in the World -- Again!
- Documentation is Key During This Time
- Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Work On Your Small Business (While You Aren't Working In It)
- Meet the Listing: Body Shop w/ Towing & Auto Repair
- Superstitions and Deal Killers
- Choosing Your Investments: Stock Market vs. Business Purchase
- Video: Deal Education
- Industry Spotlight: Advertising and Marketing
- Meet the Team: The Firm Advisors Office Tour
- Securing Your Business Against Ransomware
- M&A: What's an M, and what's an A?
- Location, Location, Relocation
- $20M in One Month
- Pet Care: A Recession-Proof Industry
- The Firm Named to BBB Honor Roll
- Firm Family Christmas
- Firmgiving 2019
- Cortney Sells on IBBA's Podcast
- The Firm Makes Inc. 5000
- M&A: The Industry Defying Gravity
- Have You Met Makayla?
- Dr. Lemberg's Pathway to Retirement
- Steven Makes His Mark in M&A
- Hot Off the Press - June 2019 Magazine
- All Good Things Take Time
- The Firm June Magazine Release Celebration
- The Firm Feels Good Doing Good
- Corner Kick Spoils our Swan
- Opportunity of the Week: A Business That Brightens Children’s Futures
- Q&A With Cortney: Stock Sale Versus Asset Sale
- The Ins and Outs of Seller Financing
- Preparing for the Perfect Retirement
- The Firm Is Breaking Industry Records & Poised for Growth in 2019
- Simply the Best
- Competitor Analysis, Opportunities Listed
- Dentist to Dreamer - Hard Work Pays Off!
- Kansas City Tech Company Useagility Sells to First Tek
- 8th Year as Omaha's Best Business Brokerage
- Sellers: Why You Should Finance Your Buyers
- Summer Intern 2017 - Ameya Shelby
- Industry Forecast: Mind the Generational Gap
- 8 Things We Wish Every Business Buyer Knew Before Calling Us
- Selling Your Business: Getting a Proper Business Valuation
- Asset Sales or Stock Sales: Determining the Best for Your Business Transaction
- Why (and How) Business Owners Are Selling in 2017
- The Law of 3's - Choosing the Right Kind of Broker
- A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
- Reaching Out is Key
- Confidential Business Reviews
- A Change of Pace to Business Ownership
- Confidentiality is at the Core of Business
- Moving into the Boardroom
- Buying a Business vs. Starting Your Own
- Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together is Just the Beginning
- Client Interfacing in the Digital Age
- Four Questions Every Buyer Should Ask
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016: Face of Business Brokerages
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales within Seller's Market - MBJ 2014