Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together is Just the Beginning
The 80-10-10 split
When thinking about selling a business, many Sellers don’t know where to begin. There are many pieces to the puzzle, including knowing what your business is worth, finding a Buyer, and understanding the lending and legal aspects of the transaction. Continuing to run a business day-to-day while putting the puzzle together, can be both daunting and overwhelming. Engaging a Business Broker to facilitate sale process alleviates much of the stress and allows a Seller to continue to focus on their business.
The professionals of The Firm Business Brokerage understand that there are three parts to the sale process, referred to the 80-10-10 split, and ensures that all three of its divisions are working for you and the business you are selling. The first step, creating a Business Valuation, involves individuals from both the Operations and the Brokerage Divisions. This Business Valuation is both complimentary and completely confidential, and will be prepared within three to five business days. A review of the Business Valuation with the Seller provides insight into the fair market value of the individual business and the sale process as a whole. Creation of this Business Valuation, although quite detailed, represents about ten percent of the work performed for the Seller.
When a Listing Agreement is signed between the Seller and The Firm Business Brokerage, all three Divisions, Operations, Brokerage and Client Development, will develop and implement a strategy for the private placement of the business with qualified Buyers. Once a Buyer is identified, the preparation, negotiation and acceptance of a Contingent Offer to Purchase is facilitated. Once again, the process is very systematic and detailed, and represents another ten percent of the work performed for the Seller.
Once a Contingent Offer to Purchase is, the largest portion of our job, the remaining eighty percent, really begins. There are many tasks to complete, more than most Business Owners have the time or the expertise to complete on their own. The Operations Division assists with all aspects of the closing process, including referrals and introductions to legal, accounting and bank professionals. Both the Buyer and the Seller are supported throughout the time it takes to reach Closing, with each step, and the reason for it, fully explained.
The largest, and most involved, part of the job of a Business Broker really begins after a Buyer has been found. If a Business Owner is considering the current or future sale of a business, consulting a Business Broker is an important step. The process can seem overwhelming at times, but the professionals of The Firm Business Brokerage will assist throughout the process.
- Securing Your Business Against Ransomware
- M&A: What's an M, and what's an A?
- Location, Location, Relocation
- $20M in One Month
- Pet Care: A Recession-Proof Industry
- The Firm Named to BBB Honor Roll
- Firm Family Christmas
- Firmgiving 2019
- Cortney Sells on IBBA's Podcast
- The Firm Makes Inc. 5000
- M&A: The Industry Defying Gravity
- Have You Met Makayla?
- Dr. Lemberg's Pathway to Retirement
- Steven Makes His Mark in M&A
- Hot Off the Press - June 2019 Magazine
- All Good Things Take Time
- The Firm June Magazine Release Celebration
- The Firm Feels Good Doing Good
- Corner Kick Spoils our Swan
- Opportunity of the Week: A Business That Brightens Children’s Futures
- Q&A With Cortney: Stock Sale Versus Asset Sale
- The Ins and Outs of Seller Financing
- Preparing for the Perfect Retirement
- The Firm Is Breaking Industry Records & Poised for Growth in 2019
- Simply the Best
- Competitor Analysis, Opportunities Listed
- Dentist to Dreamer - Hard Work Pays Off!
- Kansas City Tech Company Useagility Sells to First Tek
- 8th Year as Omaha's Best Business Brokerage
- Sellers: Why You Should Finance Your Buyers
- Summer Intern 2017 - Ameya Shelby
- Industry Forecast: Mind the Generational Gap
- 8 Things We Wish Every Business Buyer Knew Before Calling Us
- Selling Your Business: Getting a Proper Business Valuation
- Asset Sales or Stock Sales: Determining the Best for Your Business Transaction
- Why (and How) Business Owners Are Selling in 2017
- The Law of 3's - Choosing the Right Kind of Broker
- A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
- Reaching Out is Key
- Confidential Business Reviews
- A Change of Pace to Business Ownership
- Confidentiality is at the Core of Business
- Moving into the Boardroom
- Buying a Business vs. Starting Your Own
- Client Interfacing in the Digital Age
- Four Questions Every Buyer Should Ask
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016: Face of Business Brokerages
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales within Seller's Market - MBJ 2014