Just Like Home Childcare Center Grows into New Ownership
The Firm Business Brokerage today announces that Just Like Home Childcare changed hands and is now owned by local, Nancy Foral. Just Like Home, located at 7007 S 81st Street, is a dedicated childcare facility focusing on cognitive, physical, emotional and social development of children from infant to school age. The center’s new owner brings with her the expertise to enhance the already thriving business. Nancy is experienced with children and holds several certifications and degrees. Her certifications and degrees include: Licensed Mental Health Practitioner, a Bachelor of Science in Education, A Master of Science in Educational Development and a Master of Science in Counseling.
With her background as Director of children’s programs in the past, this gives Nancy the opportunity to experience another level of helping children. Just Like Home is based near four elementary schools. With over 4,000 square feet it has a capacity of 125 children. This means that the acquisition of this childcare center affects nearly as many families in their ability to continue to work. Childcare is a vital part of every household with young children.
Although financing for the purchase was secured in May, the business transition process was not finalized until September. This was due in large part to the back log of childcare provider state licensing applications. Surprisingly, even with the back log of applications, Nebraska is facing a major shortage in qualified early childhood care providers. According to The Office of Child Care from the Child Care Development Fund, in 2016 just in Nebraska alone, there are over 112,000 children under the age of 6 who potentially need childcare. With only 6,450 child care workers in qualified early childhood care and education centers, the number is far below that of the children in need. The numbers of children in need versus the childcare centers available are staggering which makes ownership transfers like Just Like Home Childcare & Learning Center vital to the economy as it gives mothers and fathers the ability to continue to work and provide for their families.
The Firm brokered the sale working closely with Jeff Palzer of Kellogg & Palzer, P.C. and Taina Kelly of First State Bank.
- The Firm Shatters Industry Records
- A Little Science Goes a Long Way
- Once Upon a Dream Come True: Couple Finds an Investment Gem in Once Upon a Child
- The Firm Business Brokerage Announces New Website Launch
- Bittersweet Success: Gigi's Cupcakes Changes Hands
- Don't Let the Fur Fly: A Great Deal for Nebraska and Iowa Veterinarians
- Military Veteran Acquires The College of Nail Design and Bella Dea Day Spa
- Floor Pros to Remain in Community Under New Ownership
- The Choice is Clear: Clean Title & Escrow is Now Clear Title & Abstract, LLC
- Dogtopia Soars 30% Since Ownership Transition
- Country Tire Changes Hands
- Tanners Bar & Grill Opens Fourth Location in Northwest Omaha
- Plattsmouth, Sisters Cafe Sold
- Diamond Laundry Services of Omaha Under New Ownership
- Bellevue IT Company Managed.com Sold
- First Light HomeCare Changes Hands
- Comfort Plus Shoes Purchased