Environmental & Biological Firm with a 36% Profit Margin
80% private clients & public agencies and 20% federal government contracts!
This full-service environmental advisory firm has 80% private clients & public agencies and 20% federal government contracts and over 25 years of experience! Specializing in the preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents, biological, regulatory and cultural services, they are known as intellectual leaders in the environmental community. This highly focused team of 23 professionals with decades of experience leads clients through complex local, state and federal agency processes with excellence and maintains their business year over year. The seller is also willing to remain on for 2-4 years. They have a 36% profit margin and $5M in the pipeline!
They serve a myriad of clients, working on jobs ranging from smaller development projects to $1.8 billion transportation improvements. Clients include builders/developers, cities, counties, water districts, school districts, the State of California, Caltrans, and metropolitan planning organizations throughout Southern California.
This firm is focused on providing superior service to existing clients, identifying new potential clients and participating in the Women Transportation Seminar, American Planning Association and Association of Environmental Professionals.
The owner currently works on business development and project/ financial oversight. Growth opportunities include the expansion of cultural and CEQA services as they become leading divisions for the company.
- Year Established: 1996
- Location and Service Area: Southern California
- Client Demographics: 80% Private firms and public agencies; 20% federal government contracts
- Services: Environmental business in the areas of CEQA/NEPA, biological, regulatory and cultural services
- Lease: 7,500 sq. ft. featuring 19 offices, 3 storage areas, kitchen, 7 covered parking stalls
- Reason for Selling: Industry consolidation
- Employees: 23: (1) Controller, (1) Admin Assistant, (1) Office Assistant, (4) Directors, (4) Project Managers, (3) Project Coordinators, (7) Field Techs, (1) GIS, (1) Marketing
- Seller Training Period: 2-4 years
- Growth Opportunities: Division expansion of cultural and CEQA services
- Current Owner’s Responsibilities: Business development and project/financial oversight
Cash Flow Analysis
|Description of Financial Statement||P&L Statement|
April 1, 2019-March 31, 2020
|P&L Statement||Tax Return||Tax Return||Notes|
|Net Income Shown on Financial Statement||$361,707||$1,251,109||$1,114,469||$1,444,486||$1,417,541|
|Compensation to Owner||$56,250||$0||$225,000||$194,016||$231,702|
|11% Tax on total W2 Salaries||$6,188||$0||$24,750||$21,342||$25,487|
|Cell Phone||$450||$1,800||$1,800||$1,800||$1,800||$150 per month|
|Employee Profit Sharing||$0||$0||$47,845||$0||$0|
|Seller's Cash Flow = Total Addbacks + Net Income||$422,103||$1,319,414||$1,481,681||$1,687,370||$1,652,158|
|Profit Margin||39.82 %||30.00 %||36.04 %||41.60 %||43.86 %|
- Engineering firms
- School districts
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations
Specific information regarding clients is available upon the receipt of a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents
- Biological mapping, endangered species surveys and reports
- Regulatory permits and wetland/waters delineations
- Cultural resources
- Habitat mitigation, monitoring and reporting
- Mitigation banking entitlement
- Peer review and due diligence
- (1) Controller
- (1) Admin Assistant
- (1) Office Assistant
- (4) Directors
- (4) Project Managers
- (3) Project Coordinators
- (7) Field Techs
- (1) GIS
- (1) Marketing
- Expansion of cultural services
- Expansion of the CEQA division
|Document Title / Description|
This folder is empty.
Access to this Deal Room is restricted
Would you like to access the deal room?Yes, please
Already have an account? Log in here.
Print, sign and send to:210 N 78th St. 2nd Floor
Omaha, NE 68114
Or fax to: