Toronto Multi-Service Engineering Firm – 31% Profit Margin
Over $4.6M in sales in 2020!
With over $4.6M in sales and a 31% profit margin in 2020, this Toronto-based engineering consulting firm has seen steady growth over the years. With solid long-term relationships established with their clients throughout Canada, they offer a variety of services including geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring, noise & vibration monitoring, geotechnical engineering & material testing, building design, environmental engineering, civil engineering design & planning, hydrogeological engineering, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) scanning services, noise impact studying, and construction dust monitoring. Taking on large, long-term projects for transit authorities, governmental organizations, and general contractors, this company has wide-ranging capabilities creating a consolidated resource for customers to meet their project goals. A focus of the company is on transit systems including tunneling, subway, rail and subway stations, bridges, sewer and water infrastructure, and highways. Their 50 personnel includes professional engineers, architects, subject matter experts, software engineers, surveyors, accounting, and administration.
The owner of this business currently oversees operations and is a reliable and very knowledgeable resource for employees. The owner manages the strong growth trajectory and supports positive client relationships. To continue revenue growth, one could consider offering commissions to the sales team to boost external relationships networking and earning additional contracts.
Operations are managed from the 10,000 square foot headquarters located in the Greater Toronto Area. The company has over 15 years of experience serving Canada, and has expanded its business to Trinidad, Tobago, Turkey, China, and the United States.
- Year Established: 2005
- Location: Greater Toronto Area
- Services: Full-service engineering including civil, geotechnical, hydrogeological, architectural, noise and/or vibration testing, ground and material testing
- Clients: Transit authorities, government, general contractors, subcontractors
- Lease: 10,000 sq. ft.: Offices, conference rooms, open work areas, IT room, break room, restrooms, storage
- Reason for Selling: 1 year
- Personnel: 50: Professional engineers, architects, subject matter experts, software engineers, surveyors, accounting, administration
- Seller Training Period: As negotiated
- Growth Opportunities: Encourage sales by offering commissions to sales team
- Current Owner’s Responsibilities: Oversight
- List Price: $8,400,000
- 2020 Cash Flow: $1,420,321
- A/R: $1,209,072
Cash Flow Analysis
|Description of Financial Statement||P&L Statement||P&L Statement||P&L Statement||P&L Statement||P&L Statement||Notes|
|Net Income Shown on Financial Statement||$1,154,969||$1,087,814||$1,745,272||$1,323,047||$1,163,707|
|Meals & Entertainment||$11,386||$8,396||$23,965||$11,568||$5,782|
|Seller's Cash Flow = Total Addbacks + Net Income||$1,420,321||$1,148,574||$1,949,052||$1,479,622||$1,300,287|
|Profit Margin||30.70 %||25.20 %||34.70 %||33.92 %||35.11 %|
- Profit Margin 2020: 31%
- Transit authorities
- General contractors
Specific information regarding clients is available upon the receipt of a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Instrumentation & Monitoring
- Environmental Engineering
- Noise & Vibration Monitoring
- Hydrogeological Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Building Design
- Noise Impact Study
- GPR Scanning
Total personnel: 50
- 12 Professional engineers
- 3 Architects
- 6 Engineering designers and drafters
- 3 Subject matter experts
- 2 Software engineers
- 18 Field surveyors
- 3 Administration
- 1 Accounting
- 1 Safety officer
- 1 Lab technician
- Encourage sales by offering commissions to sales team
|Document Title / Description|
This folder is empty.
Access to this Deal Room is restricted
Would you like to access the deal room?Yes, please
Already have an account? Log in here.
Print, sign and send to:210 N 78th St. 2nd Floor
Omaha, NE 68114
Or fax to: