Language Services & Interpreting for Hospitality
Interpreting 30 languages on site, 150 languages remotely!
The team works from an office with a small footprint and lower overhead, with most employees working remotely. Nearly 200 rotating interpreters are compensated each pay period, but over 350 individuals are in the database. Within the office there are six coordinators scheduling appointments and answering customer questions, one compliance manager, and one financial manager.
New York City is an excellent location for this dynamic company, with a melting pot of languages. Additional commercial clients or expanding the reach of interpreting technology utilized throughout the city is an exciting opportunity. There is virtually no CAPEX, making growth and expansion inexpensive.
- Year Established: 2011
- Location: New York, New York
- Service Area: New York City, Tri-State region, national work possible
- Services: Interpreting in over 30 languages
- Clients: Health care systems, large organizations and corporations, State social services organizations
- Lease: Small amount of office space required, many employees work remotely
- Reason for Selling: Exit strategy, industry consolidation
- Employees: 6 coordinators, 1 compliance manager, 1 financial manager
- Contractors: 350+ qualified interpreters
- Seller Training Period: 3-6 months, or as negotiated
- Growth Opportunities: Expansion outside of the current service area, remote interpretations, infuse technology into the process of interpretation to make it more accessible, work to build client base, stretch into additional industries
- Current Owners’ Responsibilities: Oversight of operations
- List Price: $8,100,000
- Gross Sales:
- 2018: $8,506,314
- Cash Flow:
- 2018: $2,232,836
- Assets Included in Purchase*
- Equipment: $75,000: Equipment, furniture, fixtures
- Intangible Assets: Long-term client base, positive reputation, large base of interpreting contractors, good processes and procedures for placements
*amounts may vary
Cash Flow Analysis
|Description of Financial Statement||Tax Return||Tax Return||Tax Return||Tax Return||Notes|
|Net Income Shown on Financial Statement||$1,214,034||$1,086,294||$1,052,354||$817,907|
|Compensation to Owner||$275,000||$470,659||$443,962||$466,374||Owner 1|
|Other unrelated Salaries||$275,000||$0||$0||$0||non-active owner|
|11% Tax on Total W2 Salaries||$60,500||$51,722||$48,836||$51,301|
|Pension & Profit Sharing||$411,970||$329,318||$0||$0||Line item 17|
|Employee Benefit Program||$42,532||$49,622||$0||$0||Line item 18|
|Seller's Cash Flow = Total Addbacks + Net Income||$2,232,836||$1,961,765||$1,487,363||$1,270,112|
|Profit Margin||26.25 %||21.55 %||15.44 %||16.75 %|
- 26% Profit margin in 2018
Services and Clients
- Over 30 languages on-site
- Over 150 languages remotely
- Health care systems
- Large organizations
- Large corporations
- State social services organizations
- Some individual clients without organizational affiliation
Specific information regarding clients is available upon the receipt of a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Employees and Contractors
- 6 Coordinators
- 1 Compliance manager
- 1 Financial manager
- 350+ qualified contracted interpreters
- Expansion outside of the current service area
- Remote interpretations
- Infuse technology into the process of interpretation to make it more accessible
- Work to build client base
- Stretch into additional industries
The Firm used a cash flow valuation methodology to determine the purchase price of the business.
The formula used is as follows:
Cash Flow x Prescribed Multiple = Fair Market Value
Cash flow is the sum of business net income plus any owner perks and any non-onward going expenses.
A multiple is prescribed by a 20 question, 100-point parameter ranking system that is used to analyze the current business health. Each question is based on a scale from 1 to 5: 1 being low, 2 below average, 3 average, 4 above average, 5 high. The average of the responses sum is the business’ prescribed multiple.
For this business, a 5-year avg cash flow was used with a prescribed multiple is 4.7. With this information, the computation is as follows:
$1,726,425 x 4.7 = $8,114,198
The fair market value found above positions the business list price at $8,100,000
Purchase Price: $8,100,000
15%Buyer Down Payment: $1,215,000
15%Seller Financing: $1,215,500
70%Bank Loan: $5,670,000
Seller financing 5-year term at a rate of 4.50% equals a monthly loan payment of $22,376.
Bank loan 8-year term at a rate of 6% equals a monthly loan payment of $74,512.
After business expenses and loan payments, a buyer with a 15% down payment of $1,215,000 would retain a profit of $1,070,180, which results in a 88% return on investment in the first year.
Please note that the decision of whether to extend a loan on any sale belongs to the bank, and this document does not guarantee specific terms or verify that financing is available.
*The Firm is not a real estate brokerage and therefore the staff will not handle any aspect of the lease, sale or purchase of real estate.
|Document Title / Description|
This folder is empty.
Access to this Deal Room is restricted
Would you like to access the deal room?Yes, please
Already have an account? Log in here.
Print, sign and send to:210 N 78th St. 2nd Floor
Omaha, NE 68114
Or fax to: